赫爾墨斯靴 are an 配飾 that can be found in 地下, Underground Desert, and 地下叢林 寶箱s. When equipped, they allow the player to gain a speed boost after running for a certain distance continuously. Your speed will continue increasing until maximum speed is attained. At full sprint, they will increase your horizontal movement speed by ~40%. (See 衝刺配飾 for more information on the sprint effect). The Hermes Boots, the 疾風雪靴 and the 航魚靴 have identical functionality.
- This item increases the player's base speed from 15 mph to 30 mph.
- The 緩慢 debuff only affects your regular movement speed, not your maximum movement speed, thus when running with the Hermes Boots while slowed, your final speed will be unaffected, though it will take longer to get there.
- Accessory dyes will change the colour of both the Boots and the dust trail they leave behind.
- Hermes Boots, as well as Flurry Boots and Sailfish Boots, are particularly useful for speedruns, as they can greatly shorten running time.
- One can engage the speed ability of the boots immediately on a flat or relatively flat surface by shooting a single-lined grappling hook in front of them at the ground in the desired direction (while simultaneously using the movement keys to move that direction) and immediately pressing ↷ 跳 to disengage the hook, using the speed of the grappling hook as a jump start for the boots. You get a faster jump start by shooting it nearly parallel to the ground, as the farther the hook lands from the player, the faster the player is pulled.
- This item has similar functionality to the Pegasus Boots from The Legend of Zelda games.
- Hermes Boots are a reference to "Hermes", the Greek messenger of the Gods, known for his winged sandals and incredible speed.