|AI 类型||鸭 AI|
|内部 NPC ID：362-363|
Ducks can usually only spawn in the middle third of the above-ground world, or in areas near an NPC 房屋 if water is present. They only appear in pools of water, despite their size or if they are naturally generated. They quite frequently make a "quack" sound when nearby.
Mallard Ducks, as their counterpart, can be caught using a 虫网. They can be carried around in the inventory until placed (released), deleted, or crafted into a 野鸭笼. Caged ducks can be used as furniture and cannot be released once crafted. They also move around inside the cage.
The Mallard Duck Cage occupies a 6x3 space. The Mallard Duck inside may follow the following patterns randomly:
- Run from one side to the other of the cage
- Briefly clean itself with its beak while on the right side
- Sit down and stay in place
- Very rarely, when ducks quack, the sound will be a very obvious human voice saying the word "quack." This was included purposefully as an "easter egg". It is suggested that this could be Redigit's voice, but is yet not confirmed.
- They are related to the normal 鸭 in a very similar way 兔兔 relate to 松鼠s, as they both spawn in the center third of the map or near NPC 房屋s, they both have an alternate version, and being 小动物s, they all share stats.
- 1.3.1：Can now be used to craft Duck Statues.