The 金属探测器 is an 信息 配饰 that displays a message to the player when valuable objects, such as 矿石s, 宝箱s, 罐子s, 生命水晶s, and 生命果s are in the player's vicinity. When displayed, it will include the specific type of whatever is detected (eg. "叶绿矿 detected nearby!"). When multiple valuables are detected, only the one with the highest value is noted. The Metal Detector has a 50% (100% ) chance to be dropped by the 宁芙, a rare 洞穴 敌怪.
Like most 信息物品, the Metal Detector does not reveal the location or direction of the detected object. It does not detect 宝石s or 奇异植物s.
Object value[编辑 | 编辑源代码]
This is how valuable the game considers some tiles. All other tiles have a value of 0. The name of the most valuable tile present will be shown by the Metal Detector.
- Its horizontal range is estimated to be ~95 feet, and its vertical range ~80 feet.
- Even though it is the most powerful ore in 困难模式之前, 狱石 will not be detected.
- The 洞穴探险药水 or 魔法灯笼 pair well with the Metal Detector, as this will also reveal the item location. It also reveals items the Metal Detector cannot detect, such as 宝石s, as well as displaying lower-tier ores when a higher tier is masking their detection by the Metal Detector.
- 水晶之心s and Life Fruits are prioritized over ores, so it's a good idea for players searching for rare ores to break them even when the 生命水晶 or Fruit they drop is not needed. In the case of Fruits, block-piercing attacks can be used to more easily break them from afar.
- For unknown reasons, it does not always detect 水中箱s, even when standing right on top of one.
- Its sprite looks similar to an electrical connector.