- Coins can be "crafted" by hand, which combines or splits them into other denominations. Each coin is worth 100 of its lesser denomination (Copper -> Silver -> Gold -> Platinum).
- When picked up, Coins are automatically combined into their higher denomination, if possible. For example, if the player picks 100 Silver Coins, they'll end up with one Gold Coin in their 物品栏 instead. Similarly, a player holding 96 silver coins picking up another 15 will give them a gold coin and 11 silver coins.
- However, Coins do not auto-combine when manually transferred into a 猪猪存钱罐 or other storage item; if there is no room in the bank or chest, some will be left in the player's hand or coin slots. stacks of 100 Coins should then be manually crafted into the next denomination. (See also the warning below regarding Deposit All.)
- Upon a player's 死亡 in 软核 Mode (the default mode), half of all of the stacks of coins in a player's inventory are dropped, rounded up to the nearest whole coin. For example, if the player possesses 1 Gold Coin in one stack, it will be dropped. If it is instead 10 coins, 5 will be dropped.
- Upon player death in 中核 or 硬核 Mode, all coins are dropped, regardless of how the player died.
- Being killed by a player-wielded 武器 will not cause the player to drop any coins in Softcore Mode, even if recently damaged by an enemy.
- Forms of accidental death, such as 掉落伤害 or 混乱状态, will cause coins to drop.
- Dying from the player's own projectile after having it reflected back by an enemy (such as a 火月怪) will also result in coins being dropped.
- In 专家模式, enemies can pick up 钱币 dropped by enemies or players. Coins are often lost permanently on 死亡, as enemies who pick up dead players' coins will often despawn once off-screen. Enemies holding dropped coins emit a sparkle effect based on the color of the best coin they're holding.
- In Expert Mode, 软核 players drop 75% of their coins upon death instead of 50%.
|A pile of Copper Coins|
Inside the player's inventory, coins have their own special slots, although it is possible to move them into normal inventory slots.
- In the early game, before receiving the piggy bank, it may be inevitable to store your coins in a chest. However, quick stack does not place coins in chests. Deposit All does place coins, but if the chest is already full when you press Deposit All, higher denominations may be destroyed if a stack for that coin doesn't exist.
- Coins have their damage values (from a 钱币枪) listed, and are listed as ammo.
- Purchasing every NPC item requires:
- Coins will make a clink sound when picked up.
- Coin Portals have a rare chance to be opened by 罐子.
- Coins may be spent in NPC transactions directly from the player's 猪猪存钱罐 or 保险箱.
- As of the 184.108.40.206 update, Copper, Silver, and Gold coins are now the only items that can have a max stack of 100.
- 钱币传送门s often spawn in the 地狱 due to the large amount of 罐子s.
- Due to the transaction properties of portable storage, the maximum amount of money that a player can be considered to be able to spend at one time is exactly 173,826 Platinum (40 stacks in 猪猪存钱罐 (or 钱币槽) + 40 in 保险箱 + 40 in 护卫熔炉 + 54 in 物品栏, with each stack containing 999 铂金币s).
- Coins can be sold on the Wii U or Xbox editions, but doing so will do nothing.
- Coins have a sell price equal to the amount in their stack, but, unsurprisingly, cannot be sold.
- New sound effect when coins are picked up.
- New texture and animation for all coins.
- 220.127.116.11：Fixed bug that caused coins to deal damage when swung.
- 1.2.4：Coins now can be placed.
- You can no longer sell money.
- Fixed a bug that would cause coins to disappear instead of converting into the next highest currency.
- Holding coins when dying will now correctly drop those as well.
- Coins will now auto stack when close to each other.
- 18.104.22.168：Fixed trashing coin dupe.
- Coins held on the cursor will correctly be dropped on death.
- Fixed an issue that caused stacked coins to go missing from 宝箱s during multiplayer.
- 1.0.6：Sparkle and light amplification added.