染料(Dyes)是可以被放在玩家物品欄中的染料欄來改變已裝備的盔甲, 飾品(Vanity items)和配件(Accessories)的顏色的物品。染料商銷售染缸(5 ) 和銀染料(1 )。所有的其他染料都必須在染缸(Dye Vat)合成。初級合成染料可以進一步組合來合成shade,漸變,和patterned染料。目前遊戲中有65種不同的染料(單人遊戲世界是64種，團隊染料(Team Dye)是不可用的).
合成這8個染料(one for each dye slot, including combination and compound dyes),需要:
- 64 each of Red Husks, Green Mushrooms, Teal Mushrooms, Blue Berries, Purple Mucoses, Violet Husks, and Pink Prickly Pears
- 96 each of Orange Bloodroots, Lime Kelps, Cyan Husks and Sky Blue Flowers
- 128 each黃萬壽菊(Yellow Marigolds)和黑墨水(Black Inks)
- 200銀染料(花費2 )
- 8 Team Dyes (花費8 , 多人遊戲獨有)
所有染料在染缸合成。每種染料的原料(不包括銀染料)can be found growing as an Object in the natural world or as a guaranteed drop from special enemies. The name of each material indicates the color of dye it is used to craft in its name.這是一個所有14種基本染料和它們的原料以及如何獲取它們的完整列表。
|蓝染料||蓝浆果||25px Blue Berry Bush||草地|
|紫染料||紫粘液||海蜗牛||在海洋(water not required)生成|
|粉染料||粉仙人球||仙人掌||Grow in the 沙漠 and may randomly generate on top of cacti.|
|黑染料||黑墨水||乌贼||Spawn in 海洋(water required).|
|银染料||N/A||染料商||Bought for 1 .|
All colored basic dyes can be combined with Silver Dye to craft "Bright <Color> Dye".
Additionally, some colors can be combined to craft the following gradient colors:
- Flame Dye - 紅,橙和黃染料
- Blue Flame Dye - 藍,天藍和青染料
- Green Flame Dye - 綠,黃和Lime染料
- Yellow Gradient Dye - 黃,橙和Lime染料
- Cyan Gradient Dye - 青,天藍和藍綠染料
- Violet Gradient Dye - Violet,粉和紫染料
- 彩虹染料(Rainbow Dye) - Yellow Gradient, Cyan Gradient, and Violet Gradient Dye
這些染料 form patterns with multiple colors, applied as separate blocks depending on the shape of the item. All colored basic dyes can be combined with Silver or Black Dye to craft "<Color> and Silver Dye" or "<Color> and Black Dye", respectively.
Additionally, the following patterns can be crafted from "combined dyes" in the section above:
- Flame and Black Dye - Flame Dye and Black Dye
- Blue Flame and Black Dye - Blue Flame Dye and Black Dye
- Green Flame and Black Dye - Green Flame Dye and Black Dye
- Intense Flame Dye - 2 Flame Dyes
- Intense Blue Flame Dye - 2 Blue Flame Dyes
- Intense Green Flame Dye - 2 Green Flame Dyes
- Intense Rainbow Dye - 2 Rainbow Dyes
A unique dye that is only useful on a multiplayer server, Team Dye initially has no effect. It changes to the appropriate basic team color when the player wearing it joins a team.
- All vanity items will benefit from dye, with the exception of the Familiar clothes. The colors shown when wearing Familiar clothes can be changed using a Dresser instead.
- When transformed into a werewolf or a merfolk by Neptune's Shell, Moon Charm or Moon Shell, any dye placed in the Dye Slots will color the werewolf or merfolk form's head, torso and legs as if they were Vanity items.
- Basic and Combined Dyes only affect the hue of an armor's color, but not the saturation level (i.e. how vibrant the color is). This means that armor and clothing that are dull in color, such as Ninja Clothes, Necro Armor, and Reaper Costume are relatively unaffected by these dyes. Compound Dyes, however, override an armor's color completely, so they do not have the same problem.
- Some white/silver colored clothing items, such as the Mrs. Claus Heels, will not dye properly with a basic dye, but will take on the desired color when a combination that features Silver Dye is applied.
- On Console version multiplayer , using the Magic Mirror while having dyes equipped can sometimes duplicate or completely remove the dyes from the player's dye slots.
- All dyes and items used to create them sell for 20 , so a beginning character should pick them up whenever encountered to sell them even if they aren't interested in the dye itself.
- Items that were called dyes previously for crafting have been changed to thread.