Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
这意味着这个页面会引导你完成一个特定的任务、战略、或与 敌怪 / Boss 之间的战斗。
- You cannot use any of the banned items at this point in the game UNLESS you are using them in a way that will not interfere with your enemy (e.g. killing a slime or collecting some ore).
- If/when you reach your opponent's base, you cannot destroy their bed, destroy their house, or trap them in spawn using blocks or lava.
- You cannot intentionally move your spawn point at any point during the game, including creating another bed or setting your bed at your opponent's bed.
- If you successfully get your opponent's gem, you must return to base as quickly as possible (you shouldn't spawn kill enemies for fun, for example).
- When you have the gem, you are not allowed to go underground with it.
- If you found a 魔镜 in preparation time, you are not allowed to use it in conjunction with the gem to teleport instantly back to base.
- If the enemy team is attempting to get your gem, you are not allowed to access the chest to intentionally stop them from accessing it.
Within preparation time, it is common to see two players caving (for speed and safety), one player creating the base chest defence, and another player either collecting surface materials for the defence builder to use or creating 箭. Although 15 minutes seems like a decent amount of time, due to the number of tasks that need to be done, teams can often find themselves defenceless if they have bad time management. Good teams strike a balance between offence and defence, as well as having multiple skilled team members who can each do their chosen/given tasks to a high level.
After preparation time, teams can choose to rush one another if they believe the other team isn't prepared, or they can choose to remain defensive until one team forces the other into combat. Common offensive tactics include 天桥 and tunneling, and the most common fighting tactic is to "arrow spam", where a team will fire as many arrows as possible at an enemy in order to suppress and kill them. Other tactics can include attempting to get at least one 钩爪 and using 剑 (dealing more damage than 弓 and negating 击退 with the hook), or attempting to backdoor an enemy team by sending one or multiple teammates into their base undetected in order to capture the gem without the enemy knowing.
Psi CTG, created by Lewis from the PsiSyndicate is one of the main variants on default (Odyssey) CTG, however, it is no longer regularly played since PsiSyndicate quit playing Terraria. The rules differ from the Odyssey ruleset greatly, and introduce mechanics such as receiving starter items at the beginning of the game (often pickaxes, dart traps, wire, and hooks), as well as encouraging much faster paced gameplay due to the addition of high-tier pickaxes and hooks. The game was not played during noon, and instead featured a full day/night cycle; it was only after the first night had passed that teams could attack one another, however, teams could still cross the center point previous to this. Base defence was characterised by the extensive use of 机关, although "backdoor" gameplay was removed as a team must announce when they take an opponent's gem.
Another variant of CTG is 软核 CTG, where players are able to take bigger risks without punishment of losing all of their items. It allows for much quicker gameplay, however, it eliminates many of the tactical nuances which is often considered to be the core element of CTG.
Some players may also divulge in playing intentionally imbalanced CTG matches, such as 1v4, 4v8, 6v12, etc. This is to increase difficulty for the team with less players (which is usually "stacked", meaning it has many seasoned/veteran players on the team). Imbalanced games can be used for practice for competitive CTG players or teams who require both teamwork and individual ability in order to win matches.
Due to the competitive nature of CTG, it can also be played competitively in matches (one team vs. another team) and in tournaments.
By far the largest Tournament of its kind, Gem Wars is a CTG Tournament created in partnership between creators of CTG, OdysseyGamez, and the Terraria subreddit. Gem Wars is currently on its first iteration, and is being organised chiefly by Neszy and Aeroblop. Various Terraria YouTube Channels bound together in order to both play and endorse Gem Wars, with videos being produced from Yrimir, TerrariaHelp and ChippyGaming, and YouTubers such as HERO and Pedguin taking part in the Tournament.
Gem Wars contains a base pool of 64 teams and is single elimination until the Quarterfinals, where it turns into double elimination. The full bracket can be found 这里。