- See also: 指南:Liquids
水 is an abundant 液体. It is found in nearly any 生物群落 in pools of various sizes, and forms the large 海洋s on either side of a map. It is less abundant in 沙漠s, and absent in 地狱 (where it disappears if made to flow there). Water flows more freely than 熔岩 and 蜂蜜. Each 生物群落 has its own unique water color (these colors can be changed, with the 喷泉s sold by the 巫医 once he spawns in your world , or after 世纪之花 is defeated ). Water is only found above a certain 深度, beneath which 熔岩 pools tend to appear instead.
Upon submersion, a player's 呼吸条 will display, indicating their remaining breathing time before drowning damage will be incurred. The point where a player is considered submerged for purposes of the breath meter is one pixel above the eyes.
If the player's feet are in at least one tile of water, movement is hindered noticeably. Certain 配饰 or 药水s can boost player movement through liquids, enable swimming, or even allow walking along its surface. Players cannot swim by default.
Like 熔岩 and 蜂蜜, water can be used as a minor 制作站. It works just like those two; in order to use it the player only has to stand nearby. Creation of items from a body of water does not lower the water level at all. A 水槽 may be used in place of a water fluid tile, and similarly offers unlimited water to recipes.
Water can also be used to make the following items, though not as a crafting station:
|Item||When combined with|
In the 海洋:
|During a 血月:
- Flippers allow the player to swim upward by jumping repeatedly from any point within the water.
- 鱼鳃药水 allows the player to breathe underwater.
- 芦苇呼吸管 allows the player to breathe while in shallow water and also increases the breath meter.
- 潜水头盔 increases the 呼吸条.
- 潜水装备 increases 呼吸条 and allows swimming.
- 海神贝壳 allows the player to breathe underwater and allows swimming.
- 水上漂药水, 熔岩靴, 黑曜石水上漂靴 and 水上漂靴 allow the player to walk on the surface of water.
- Pumps and 水桶s can move water.
- 脚蹼药水 and 猪龙鱼之翼 allow the player to move at normal speed in water.
- 水母项链, 水母潜水装备, and 北极潜水装备 emit light when in water.
- 钓竿s allow the player to 鱼 in water.
- Underground pools of water may sometimes be spotted via the glowing 水母 that spawn there.
- The game occasionally has difficulty leveling out large volumes of liquid that flowed into a new space. Exiting and reloading the world, or relocating the liquid elsewhere, can sometimes remedy the problem.
- 1.3.4：Water is now dynamic and has a setting to be more or less dynamic.
- When water touches a half block, it will create a waterfall. Water can also change colors depending what biome it is in, or if it's a Blood Moon.
- 1.1：Water is in a secondary 'layer' behind the placed blocks, therefore can no longer be removed by placing blocks on it. "Blocked" liquids disappear only after restart of world.