The Jungle is a surface biome composed primarily of grass, vines, Mud, Jungle Trees, Bamboo and pools of water, with a dark green background. Jungle trees grow automatically on Jungle grass found there, though traditional Acorns can also be planted. The Underground Jungle is found just below the Jungle, beginning at cavern depths.
Players can seed new Jungle areas by planting Jungle Grass Seeds in Mud Blocks. Jungle grass spreads much more slowly than ordinary grass. A Jungle biome will activate once a minimum of 140 Mud Blocks are covered with Jungle grass, or with 140 Lihzahrd Bricks.
The Jungle becomes substantially harder during Hardmode. Additionally, there is a danger that the Jungle can be completely overtaken by the spread of Corruption/Crimson once Hardmode has been in effect for some time, making essential Jungle items more difficult to acquire, but defeating Plantera will slow down the spread of Corruption/Crimson and Hallow to 50% of their original speed in Hardmode.
Goblin Scouts can spawn here rarely, similarly to the forest.
- On the 主机版、 前代主机版、 移动版、和 版versions, the Jungle Day music track is the only track that will play throughout the Jungle.
- Avoid knocking Beehives off the ceiling, as doing so will release Bees (and, on Expert mode, possibly a Hornet) that can easily disrupt your exploring.
- It is recommended newer players have at least Silver/Tungsten armor when visiting the Jungle.
- The Jungle will always be on the side of the map opposite the Dungeon and the Snow biome and on the same side as the Underground Desert. It is possible for it to spawn within view of the player's starting position, and very rarely, in the center of the map, giving some indication of the layout of the rest of the world.
- To get some very good starter equipment without having to venture into the dangerous Underground Jungle to loot Ivy Chests, it may be worth it to fish at the Jungle at the very beginning of the game with a Reinforced Fishing Pole and Enchanted Nightcrawlers. Jungle Crates will drop the same loot as Ivy Chests but are easy to obtain as the Jungle often spawns with massive pools of water and it can be easy to avoid enemies by simply boxing yourself in. This way, you can obtain very powerful starter equipment such as the Anklet of the Wind and Boomstick without even having to defeat a boss.
- All enemies in the Jungle (except for bees from fallen hives) have a chance of dropping a Jungle Key. (In the 前代主机版和 they drop the 版Jungle Key Mold). This will later be used to open the Jungle Biome Chest in the Dungeon after Plantera has been defeated, which contains a Piranha Gun, a unique ranged weapon which doesn't use ammunition and can be a useful side weapon. Consider farming for it before defeating Plantera, as all mobs are buffed (only in Expert and Master modes) after she has been defeated and it will be therefore far easier to farm them beforehand.
- Consider building a house for the Witch Doctor in the Jungle in pre-Hardmode, as he will sell the Leaf Wings for only
1000000*1at Night at the beginning of Hardmode. Despite the complete lack of effort it takes to get them, they are the best wings on versions prior to 184.108.40.206 (alongside Frozen Wings) you can get until after defeating Plantera. On the 电脑版, as of 220.127.116.11, they have been drastically nerfed and wing progression has been reshapen, but obtaining them may still be useful in the meantime until you obtain better wings.
- It's generally recommended to completely avoid traversing the aboveground Jungle at the beginning of Hardmode. The enemies there don't provide much useful loot (with the exception of the Uzi, a very fast gun, and Turtle Shells, which are only relevant once the player has defeated the Mech bosses and can mine Chlorophyte) and the combination of their different attacks can kill the player in one or two hits, especially in Expert and Master modes.
- It is a good idea to section off the Jungle before activating Hardmode, or the Jungle might quickly be overtaken by the evil biome (Corruption/Crimson) and eventually be eliminated. The evil biome converts Mud Blocks within a three-tile radius of any corrupted block to dirt, and grows Corrupt/Crimson grass on it. This means that simply digging a three-block wide tunnel around all sides of the Jungle will prevent the evil biome from spreading to it. Since background walls cannot spread the evil biome (though they may get converted themselves), it is unnecessary to remove any walls that cross that three-block gap. However, thorny bushes may grow as bridges across the tunnel for the evil biome to spread across, a longer-term tunnel would need to be at least fifteen blocks wide, since thorny bushes can grow up to six blocks in both Jungles and evil biomes. To learn more, see biome spread.
- However, it is very possible that, upon the defeat of the Wall of Flesh and activation of Hardmode, the 'V' shape created by the world evils including the Corruption/Crimson will breach the tunnel you've built to contain the evil. Therefore, your aboveground Jungle may likely still be infected even if you try to contain those biomes. To curb this, it may be a wise idea to instead spread the Hallow between your Jungle and Evil Biome by simply using Holy Water (which is easily craftable upon the start of Hardmode). The Hallow cannot spread to the Jungle and will also block the Corruption and Crimson, making it a worthy alternative to digging a tunnel.
- The aboveground Jungle is generally far less important in terms of loot than the Underground Jungle, which will also be much harder for the Corruption/Crimson to fully infect. Therefore, your main priority in terms of the Jungle will likely be NPC housing, which is especially important on the 电脑版 where the Pylon network will make world travel far easier. It may be a wise idea to instead build your Jungle base deep underground instead of aboveground, as it is far less likely that it will be infected by the evil biome due to the sheer size of the Underground Jungle. It will also give you easier access to the Underground later in Hardmode, such as when setting up your Plantera arena.
- 电脑版 18.104.22.168：If the player has consumed the Torch God's Favor and is trying to place Torches in a Jungle biome, Jungle Torches will always be placed instead.
- 电脑版 22.214.171.124：
- Added new backgrounds.
- Added new Jungle Night track. Also introduced the alternative Otherwordly Jungle track, originally from Terraria: Otherworld, which plays once the player has entered the 05162020 seed and pressed the "Music" option in the Party Girl's menu.
- Added multiple new drops from enemies:
- Bamboo now spawns frequently on Jungle grass in shallow water.
- Changed amount of blocks required to make an artificial jungle from 80 to 140.
- Jungle Pylons will now be sold by any happy NPC in the Forest biome for
70000*7 5000*50 to 80000*8 5000*50. While any number of pylons can be placed in a Jungle biome, only one Jungle Pylon can be functionally used per world.
- Shaking trees has a chance to drop either Coins, Eucalyptus Sap, a Mango, a Pineapple, Rich Mahogany, or Rotten Eggs. Bees, Beehives, or a Jungle Bat may also fall or fly out of the tree.
- The Bramble Crate, the Hardmode equivalent to the Jungle Crate, can now be caught when fishing and contains Hardmode bars and ores.
- The Dryad, Painter, and Witch Doctor NPCs now like living in the Jungle, while the Cyborg, Goblin Tinkerer, and Steampunker dislike it.
- The Jungle Turtle critter now frequently spawns in the Jungle.
- 电脑版 1.3.1：Beehives now spawn over time under Jungle Grass ceilings of the Jungle and Underground Jungle.
- 电脑版 126.96.36.199：
- Added the Jungle Crate, which can occasionally be fished up and drops items otherwise obtainable from Ivy Chests in Jungle Shrines and the new Living Mahogany Tree.
- Enemies killed in the Jungle after one Mechanical Boss has been defeated have a 0.5% chance of dropping the Yelets yoyo.
- Enemies killed in the Jungle now once again have a rare chance to drop Jungle Keys instead of Jungle Key Molds.
- Gold Frogs now have a very rare chance to spawn in the Jungle in replacement of normal Frogs.
- Grubby, Sluggy, and Buggy critters, which can be used as bait, now have a chance of spawning in the Jungle, either on their own or when destroying Jungle plants.
- The Jungle Bat now has a 1% chance of dropping the Depth Meter.
- The Piranha now has a 1% chance of dropping the Compass.
- 电脑版 1.2.4：
- 电脑版 188.8.131.52：困难模式之前的丛林敌怪现在有小几率在困难模式的丛林中生成。
- 电脑版 1.2：
- Added multiple new exclusive items sold by NPCs in the Jungle:
- The new Painter NPC will sell the Do Not Step on the Grass painting.
- The new Witch Doctor NPC will sell Leaf Wings for
1000000*1 and Tiki Totem for 2000000*2 in Hardmode at Night in the Jungle. He will also sell the Hercules Beetle for 400000*40 when the player has the Pygmy Staff in their inventory.
- Added the Hardmode Jungle, with multiple new mobs now spawning, including the Angry Trapper, Arapaima, Derpling, Giant Flying Fox, and Giant Tortoise. Also added their respective drops, including:
- The Angry Trapper has a 1% chance of dropping the Uzi, a gun.
- The Giant Tortoise has a 5.88% chance of dropping the Turtle Shell, which is used to craft Turtle armor.
- Additionally, the Angler Fish now has a 1% chance to drop the Adhesive Bandage accessory and the Jungle Slime now has a 0.01% chance to drop the Slime Staff summon weapon.
- Enemies killed in the Jungle now have a 1 in 2,500 chance of dropping the Jungle Key, which is used to unlock the Jungle Chest in the Dungeon.
- Jungle Trees now drop Rich Mahogany when chopped down rather than normal Wood.
- The Jungle can now be spread using the new Clentaminator with Green Solution on Mud.
- The Sky Blue Flower, which is used to craft Sky Blue Dye, now has a rare chance of being obtained from terrain.
- Added multiple new exclusive items sold by NPCs in the Jungle:
- 电脑版 1.1：
- 电脑版 1.0.6：The Jungle Rose now has a rarer chance of dropping from Jungle grass.
- 电脑版 1.0.5：
- 电脑版 1.0.4：
- Introduced, located above the previously introduced Underground Jungle.
- Introduced multiple new mobs, including the Jungle Bat, Jungle Slime, Piranha, Snatcher, and the rare Doctor Bones which only spawns at night. Also introduced their respective drops: