The 发光蜗牛 is an uncommon 小动物 that only spawns on 蘑菇生物群落s. It can be caught using the 虫网 to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into a 发光蜗牛笼 to be placed as an animated furniture item, and it also gives off a small amount of blue light. It cannot be released once crafted. Its counterpart is the 蜗牛.
Along with its uncommon chance to spawn, it often spawns together with or near 敌怪, causing it to be killed rather easily by them or by accident by the player. It is also quite large compared to the normal cave dwelling counterpart, looking like an enemy rather than a critter. Due to this it is one of the hardest critters to find and catch.
Glowing snails can be used as 鱼饵 for fishing, having 15% bait power.
A Glowing Snail cage occupies a 3x2 space. The Glowing Snail inside may follow the following patterns randomly:
- Hide inside its shell
- Try to climb up to the ceiling of the cage and fall to the ground
- Make a whole loop around its cage
- Glowing Snails are more likely to spawn in an underground mushroom biome, however, since they will almost always be killed by other monsters, it is advisable to look for them on surface mushroom biomes instead.
- Before 困难模式, Glowing Snails are about twice as common, but can only appear above the surface. An artificial biome will need to be made to benefit from their increased spawn rate.
- Glowing Snails are able to spawn during a 血月, and will benefit from the increased spawn rates. However, they are extremely likely to be killed by other mobs.
- 1 block high spaces allow glowing snails some degree of safety from enemies too big to fit, meaning more compact glowing mushroom farms also improve their odds of surviving to be captured.
- 1.2.4：Can now be used as bait.