|工具提示||Summons a powerful frost hydra to spit ice at your enemies|
- 內部物品 ID：1572
The summoned Hydra inflicts 僕從 damage, but is different from traditional Minions in that it does not count toward the maximum Minion count, does not move, and only lasts for two minutes.
The Frost Hydra can be summoned anywhere on the visible screen, even if 物塊s completely separate the player from the point clicked. It cannot, however, be summoned in the air, and will instead appear on the closest block or platform below the summoning point.
As the Frost Hydra does not count toward the Minion cap, it will not cause any traditional minions to despawn. Summoning a second Hydra will always cause the first to disappear, even if the player has 僕從 bonuses. The Frost Hydra counts as a standard sentry minion as of 1.3.4 and multiple can be summoned when using the armor or accessories from the 撒旦軍隊 event.
- Once cast, the player can switch to another weapon and the Hydra will remain and still do damage.
- The Frost Hydra provides a large burst of light on its initial appearance. Its projectile also produces moderate light.
- When first summoned, the Frost Hydra will move any overlapping enemies out of the way with knockback, but will not do damage until a few moments have passed.
- The Hydra can be summoned within solid blocks, which can be used to find ores and caves.
- It will not shoot at players in PvP, but if summoned on top of a player, or if a player runs into one, it will deal full damage and disappear.
- Its projectiles do not pierce.
- The Frost Hydra inflicts 召喚 damage, so only Minion bonuses apply to it, rather than magic weapon bonuses; though magic bonuses will affect the Staff's initial summoning (eg. decreased 魔力 use).
- The Frost Hydra creature measures approximately 4 tiles wide by 3 high and is semi-transparent.
- The Frost Hydra remains even if the player dies.
- The Staff of the Frost Hydra can be used without impacting the player's normal minion total.
- The high damage, versatile remote placement capability, and lighting effect makes this Staff a valuable auxiliary weapon.
- The remote capabilities of the Frost Hydra make it useful for battles and invasions, since it can be placed and left alone to slay enemies while the player does other things, such as making purchases, hiding, or fighting enemies in a different location.
- The Frost Hydra will fall when blocks below it are removed, making it useful for guarding the player while digging vertical tunnels.
- The Frost Hydra can be extremely strong in PvP because it is possible to summon on a player over a wall to kill them easily.
- The Frost Hydra can also be useful in exploring caves as it can be summoned inside blocks and emits light.
- The Frost Hydra can attack enemies even after the player has died.
- The Frost Hydra may also be a visual reference to Perfect Chaos from Sonic Adventure.