The 床 is a 家具 item that allows a player to set a new Spawn point. It must be placed within a suitable structure (details below), then right-clicked to activate. Once the criteria are met, right-clicking the bed will cause a message to be displayed in the bottom-left corner of the screen: "Spawn point set!". To set a spawn point in the Mobile version, there must be enough light around the bed and it must be tapped once. From this point on, when the player dies, they will re-spawn at that bed's location. Right-clicking on the bed again will remove the spawn point.
If the bed is removed, or if the criteria for the bed to function properly are no longer met, the player's spawn point will revert to the world default. If the bed is removed and replaced in the same location it will still act as the spawn point, as long as it still meets the criteria mentioned.
There are currently 26 craftable beds and 5 that can be acquired from the environment. They are functionally identical, and differ only in appearance.
For a bed to function properly and allow you to set your spawn point, the following criteria must be met:
- The bed must have enough space. The room doesn't have to be any specific shape but the area of the room (including the walls, ceiling and floor) must equal at least 60 tiles but less than 750.
- Enemies must not be able to spawn in the room; The room must have player-placed walls behind it. The background walls can not be a naturally-occurring wall. This includes 土, 泥 and the background walls in 裂隙s and the 地牢. (Player-placed dirt walls will work.) Holes in the background wall must be no larger than 4 tiles wide or 4 high. (For example, a room that is 9 wide and 4 high split with a background wall down the center is usable as a bedroom).
- 木平台s can be used as the room's floor or ceiling.
- A bed may be placed in a non-rectangular room as long as the leftmost 3 blocks immediately above it are left clear. For instance, you may have a bed (2x4) surrounded by walls on the left, right and bottom sides, and above the foot of the bed. So long as there is space for the player to spawn at the bed (3 high), the bed can be set as a spawn point. See the image below.
This is valid placement of the bed, as the top left 3 spaces just above the bed are clear.
The mirror image of this is also valid.
- It can be placed underground, as long as the other conditions are met.
If the requirements are met, right clicking the bed should set your spawn and show the message "Spawn point set!".
- Note the bed will work underwater as long as the other conditions are met.
|Found in the 地牢.|
|Found in the 地牢.|
|Found in the 地牢.|
|Found in 废墟建筑, does not disappear in 熔岩.|
|Dropped by 海盗.|
- Pink Dungeon Bed was previously called Red Dungeon Bed. It still is on console editions.
- It is advisable to place your bed in the same "房屋" that your 护士 lives in, so you can heal yourself immediately after using a 魔镜 with low 生命值. However, be careful not to reset your spawn point, which can happen if the nurse is standing in front of your bed.
- If you come across a naturally-generated structure underground with Planked Walls or other craftable wall, it can be made suitable as a spawn point by filling any missing side walls, floor, and ceiling with blocks or platforms and placing a Bed. If you still can't set a spawn point, hammer the back walls and rearrange them so any holes don't exceed 4 tiles.
- 1.3.5：Crystal Bed added.
- Meteorite, Granite, Marble and Martian Beds added.
- Now able to remove spawn point by right-clicking on the bed again.
- 1.2.4：Palm Wood, Mushroom, Boreal Wood, Slime and Pumpkin Beds added.
- 1.2.3：Various bed types added.
- 188.8.131.52：If you place a bed somewhere that would cause you to not spawn without breaking through blocks you will now get a message when trying to set your spawn point letting you know the bed is not in a suitable position.
- 1.2：Various bed types added.
- 1.0.2：Placing a bed far from the spawn no longer causes a player who has set their spawn there to crash on join.