The Water Candle is a furniture item that can be placed or held to increase enemy and critter spawn rates in the area, and emits a low amount of light. When placed, it gives nearby players the Water Candle debuff. Holding a Water Candle does not cause the debuff icon to display, but still causes an identical effect. Several Water Candles are found commonly on the shelves of the Dungeon. They can also be crafted at a Crystal Ball, which is bought from the Wizard.
The Water Candle debuff increases all enemy and critter spawn rates by 33%, and increases the maximum number of simultaneous on-screen enemies by 50%. The debuff is applied to any players holding or standing within a 170x125 () / 100x84 ( ) tile rectangular region centered on a Water Candle. In order to be considered "holding" the candle, it must be in the player's hotbar and currently selected; merely being in a player's inventory will not suffice. Multiple Candles will not stack with each other, even if one is placed and the other held. Water Candles can only be placed on platforms and flat furniture items like Work Benches and Tables.
Placed Water Candles can be right-clicked to shut them off, and will toggle when activated via wiring. Water Candles that are turned off will not activate the Water Candle debuff.
Water Candles cannot be turned off, and do not act as Mechanisms.
The Water Candle's effect is the opposite of the 和平蠟燭, which decreases enemy spawn rates. If a Peace Candle and a Water Candle are active at the same time, neither have any effect on spawn rates. Conversely, the Water Candle's effect stacks with that of the Battle Potion.
- On the 移動版, the effect of a placed Water Candle will stack with that of a held Water Candle.驗證
- The Water Candle can be placed underwater, but it cannot be held underwater. It will give off light underwater if placed, but not if held. However, it will increase enemy spawn rates underwater, whether placed or held.
- Water Candles cannot be used to increase the spawn rates of certain events like the Pumpkin and Frost Moon, or the Goblin and Pirate Invasions, though the increase in spawned enemies still applies to the Blood Moon and Solar Eclipse.
- In Space, the Water Candle's effects are much more prominent, increasing the effective spawn rate from +33% to +167%. This is the only situation in which the Peace Candle does not fully cancel out the Water Candle, but rather reduces its effect to a spawn rate increase of +100%. Being in Space also entirely prevents the Peace Candle from canceling out the Water Candle's increase of +50% maximum amount of simultaneous on-screen enemies.
- It may help to collect or turn off all Water Candles found in the Dungeon, as doing so will lower enemy spawn rates in the area.
- If the player enjoys fishing, it can often be useful to place Water Candles around their town, as it increases the spawn rate of critters like Fireflies and Worms. The NPC presence still prevents the spawn of hostile enemies.
- If the Water Candle is in the player's first hotbar slot, their character preview in the character selection screen will be posed as if they were holding a Water Candle with their arm outstretched, however the Water Candle will not appear in their hands.
- 電腦版 188.8.131.52：
- Right clicking will no longer loot the candle, a pickaxe is now required.
- Right clicking will enable/disable the candle.
- Area of effect increased.
- 電腦版 1.3.1：外觀更新。
- 電腦版 184.108.40.206：
- 電腦版 220.127.116.11：添加了減益圖標。
- 電腦版 1.2：放置的水蠟燭也會提升生成速度
- 電腦版 1.0.5：手持的蠟燭在水下不再發光。
- 電腦版 1.0.4：敵怪生成速度的提升效果現在手持時也會正確工作。
- 主機版 1.0.933.1：（）
- 主機版 1.0.750.0：（）