The Snow biome, also known as the Tundra, is a biome that takes on an arctic theme, being primarily composed of Snow and Ice Blocks, and displaying a constant snowfall effect. Trees within Snow biomes have a snowy cover on them and yield Boreal Wood instead of ordinary Wood. Shiverthorns can be found regularly across the surface in the Snow. During rain, a Snow biome will undergo a blizzard instead, where snowfall increases, causing decreased visibility and the Ice Golem rarely spawning (in Hardmode). The Clothier, Merchant, and Painter NPCs each sell a unique item when in the Snow biome. The Snow biome will always spawn on the same side as the Dungeon and the opposite side of the Jungle and Underground Desert.
In pre-Hardmode, only two enemies show up in the Snow biome regularly: the Ice Slime and the Frozen Zombie. The only critter is the Penguin, which regularly appears throughout the biome, and gets turned into a Corrupt/Vicious Penguin during a Blood Moon.
In Hardmode, the Snow biome gets a bit of a boost. At night, Ice Elementals and Wolves begin to spawn often. During Blizzards, Ice Golems have a rare chance to spawn and drop useful items, though note that it is quite difficult to fight due to its Frost Beam attack inflicting the Chilled debuff (slowed movement speed) for 45 seconds/90 seconds and the Frozen debuff (completely frozen, 20% chance of being inflicted) for 1 second/2 seconds. Any enemy killed in the Snow biome in Hardmode also has a 1 in 300 chance of dropping the Amarok yo-yo, which is quite powerful and inflicts the Frostburn debuff to hit enemies.
The Snow biome has its own biome chest in the Dungeon which can be opened by a Frozen Key after Plantera is defeated. Any enemy defeated in the Snow biome has a 1 in 2,500 chance (0.04%) of dropping the Frozen Key (on the 电脑版、 主机版、和 移动版 versions) or the Frozen Key Mold (on the 前代主机版和 ), which is crafted into the Frozen Key). The Frozen Chest contains the 版Staff of the Frost Hydra, a sentry summon weapon.
Fishing in the Snow biome has a chance of yielding Atlantic Cod, Frost Daggerfish, and Frost Minnow. Atlantic Cod is used to craft Cooked Fish and Frost Minnow is used to craft Warmth Potions, which reduces damage from cold-themed enemies by 30% and is very useful in the Snow biome. Frost Daggerfish are actually ranged weapons (on 电脑版)/throwing weapons (on 主机版 and 移动版 versions) and can be useful at the beginning of the game. Frozen Crates and Boreal Crates can also be caught in the Snow biome in pre-Hardmode and Hardmode, respectively, and always include one item from Frozen Chests (alongside other loot).
- If the player has consumed the Torch God's Favor, they can toggle Biome torch swap to place Ice Torches instead of regular torches if they try to place regular torches when in the Snow biome.
- On the , 版normal sized worlds only have a 1/3 chance of containing a Snow biome.
- Player-created Snow biomes are possible by placing more than 1,500 Snow Blocks and/or Ice Blocks in an area.
- Snow biomes are somewhat resistant to surface Hallow and Corruption/Crimson spread, since snow blocks cannot be transformed. However, Ice Blocks are affected and will be transformed into Pink Ice Blocks (Hallow), Purple Ice Blocks (Corruption) and Red Ice Blocks (Crimson), which mostly affects the Ice biome.
- The Snow biome will always be located on the opposite side of the world as the Underground Desert and the Jungle. Both the Snow Biome and Jungle can generate near or in spawn.
- Before 电脑版 1.4, the Snow Biome was the only Biome that was required to craft an item, which was the Snow Cloud.
- 电脑版 220.127.116.11：If the player has consumed the Torch God's Favor and is trying to place Torches in a Snow biome, Ice Torches will always be placed instead.
- 电脑版 18.104.22.168：
- Added new backgrounds.
- Added the alternative Snow music, originally from Terraria: Otherworld, which plays once the player has entered the 05162020 seed and pressed the "Music" option in the Party Girl's menu.
- Biome now requires 1500 blocks, increased from 300.
- Frozen Crates and Boreal Crates can now be caught when fishing in the Snow biome and always drop one item normally found in Frozen Chests, alongside other loot.
- Now generates farther away from Spawn.
- Shaking Boreal trees in the Snow biome has a chance to drop either Acorns, Boreal Wood, a Cherry, some coins, or a Plum.
- Snow Pylons will now be sold by any happy NPC in the Snow biome for
70000*7 5000*50 to 80000*8 5000*50. While any number of pylons can be placed in a Snow biome, only one Snow Pylon can be functionally used per world.
- The Cyborg, Mechanic, Santa Claus, and Tax Collector NPCs now like living in the Snow Biome, while the Arms Dealer, Nurse, Stylist, and Tavernkeep dislike it.
- Zombie Eskimos renamed to Frozen Zombies and Eskimo armor renamed to Snow armor.
- 电脑版 1.3.3：Added a new, more detailed visual for the Blizzard that drastically decreases visibility.
- 电脑版 1.3.2：Pedguin's set now has a 2% (1 in 50) chance of dropping from Corrupt and Vicious Penguins.
- 电脑版 22.214.171.124：
- Added armed Zombie Eskimos in Expert Mode.
- Added the Vicious Penguin.
- Any enemy killed in the Snow biome in Hardmode now has a 1 in 300 chance of dropping the Amarok yo-yo.
- Enemies now, once again, drop Frozen Keys instead of Frozen Key Molds. However, the Frozen Chest in the Dungeon cannot be unlocked until Plantera is defeated.
- If the player falls into water in the Snow biome in Expert Mode, they are affected with the Chilled debuff when in the water and for five seconds after getting out.
- Snow no longer falls in front of blocks.
- 电脑版 1.2.4：
- Atlantic Cod and Frost Minnow fish can now be caught when fishing in the Snow biome and can be turned into Cooked Fish and Warmth Potions, respectively.
- Snow trees now drop Boreal Wood.
- The Shiverthorn herb can now be found on the surface in the Snow Biome.
- Two Angler quest fish can now be caught in the Snow biome (only when the Angler asks for them), including the Pengfish and Tundra Trout.
- 电脑版 1.2.3：Ice Golems no longer drop Frost armor. Instead, they now always drop a Frost Core on death, which is used to craft Frost armor.
- 电脑版 1.2.1：Enemies within the Snow biome no longer drop Frozen Keys. Instead, they now drop Frozen Key Molds which can be crafted into Frozen Keys.
- 电脑版 126.96.36.199.1：修正了在多人模式中处于雪原生物群落内时随机崩溃的问题。
- 电脑版 188.8.131.52：雪粒不再会生成在背景墙上。
- 电脑版 1.2：
- 现在在所有世界中都会生成（在此之前，非圣诞节期间生成的世界有 1/3 几率会有、圣诞节期间生成的世界则全部都会有）。
- Added the Blizzard event, which occurs in the Snow biome when it's raining.
- Can now be infected by the Corruption/Crimson and Hallow (creating Purple, Red, and Pink Ice Blocks).
- Enemies killed within the Hardmode Snow biome now have a 0.04% (1 in 2,500) chance of dropping the Frozen Key which can be used to unlock the Frozen Chest in the Dungeon.
- Ice biome, the Underground equivalent to the Snow biome, added.
- Some vendor NPCs sell specific items from within the Snow Biome:
- Unique enemies added, including the Corrupt Penguin, Ice Elemental, Ice Golem, Ice Slime, Wolf, and Zombie Eskimo, along with the new Penguin critter.
- Unique enemies' respective drops added:
- Ice Elementals have a 2% (1 in 50) chance of dropping the Frost Staff and a 0.56% (1 in 180) chance of dropping the Ice Sickle.
- Ice Golems have a 33.33% (1 in 3) chance of dropping the Ice Feather and a 2% (1 in 50) chance of dropping the Frost Staff. It also has a guaranteed chance of dropping one piece of the Frost armor.
- Zombie Eskimos have a 0.67% (1 in 150) chance of dropping each piece of the Eskimo armor.